Today is the FINAL day of our exploration of Germany together. I hope you have enjoyed your time thus far! In case you have missed any of our trips, you can easily see them by going to: Exploring Germany Series.
Today we are going to explore Residenz München. This beautiful residence in Munich housed Bavarian dukes, electors and Kings from 1508 to 1918. And yes, our friend King Ludwig II was among the many royals that stayed at the Residenz Munich!
Here are my boys with King Ludwig II and King Ludwig III. It looks like Ludwig III has my Little Caveman by the neck! Hahaha!
Inside of the Residenz were some of the richest fabrics, colors, and decorating I have ever seen in person. I was smitten with the Antiquarium. I think I took over 100 photos alone in just this one room. It was so fascinating to me.
This was a beautiful rich red room inside of the Residenz that our youngest was particularly fond of.
More bits and pieces of the beauty you’ll find throughout the Residenz…
I have thoroughly enjoyed our time together during my Exploring Germany series!
Latest posts by Carlie Kercheval (see all)
- 5 Screen-Free Summer Family Activities - May 27, 2016
- Munchable Math: 12 Free Printable Math Worksheet Packs - May 23, 2016
- 5 Helpful Tips When Teaching a Special Needs Child to Read - May 21, 2016
- My Lifelong Essential Oils Journey (+ a Giveaway) - May 20, 2016
- How to Start a Book Club for Teens - May 20, 2016