Reflecting Back on 2011 – A Photo Memoir
This year has been another blessed time of growing, living, laughing, loving, grieving, giving, receiving, and crying together as a family. We have experienced MANY memorable things in 2011.
- The Army packed us up and we left NC on our way to Germany.
- I was reunited with my biological father after 31 years of no contact.
- We visited our family in Washington state and we had not been home in 8 years!
- I also was able to reunite with my Grandma Kiyo whom I had not seen in over 32 years 🙂
- And our precious Prince Charming turned 4 (now he’s going to be 5 soon!)
My Grandma Kiyo & I after 32 years of separation!
Prince Charming’s 4th Birthday January 2011
My biological father meeting his grandchildren
for the first time in NC
- We moved to a foreign country and had a major culture shock to say the least.
- We moved into our new home for the next 4 years! Here until 2015!
The view out of our hotel room when we arrived
in Grafenwoehr, Germany
A photo of our new beautiful home
The children’s bathroom 🙂
- We celebrated another birthday for my daughter 🙂
- Celebrated another precious birthday for my husband 🙂
- We visited our very first concentration camp in Flossenburg, Germanywhere Dietrich Bonhoeffer was executed.
- In obedience to God, I started this blog on the very last day of May.
- Marked 11 years of marital bliss to my best friend!
- We went camping with some wonderful Christian homeschooling families in the German Alps!
- We said goodbye to daddy for another year long deployment (#5) to the middle East 🙁
- Marked the celebration of our youngest child’s 3rd birthday.
- We celebrated another Thanksgiving without daddy with us.
- I found out I was the winner of the “Best Nitty Gritty Homeschool Blog” in the HSBA Blog Awards 2011.
- I celebrated my 36th birthday, thanking God for the gift of life.
- And my sweet husband is home for R&R;!
This year has been a whirlwind with lots of character building and many wonderful experiences with family and new friends. We are grateful for each and every one of you and are praying that as you enter into 2012, you will experience nothing but GOD’S BEST for YOUR life!
Latest posts by Carlie Kercheval (see all)
- 5 Screen-Free Summer Family Activities - May 27, 2016
- Munchable Math: 12 Free Printable Math Worksheet Packs - May 23, 2016
- 5 Helpful Tips When Teaching a Special Needs Child to Read - May 21, 2016
- My Lifelong Essential Oils Journey (+ a Giveaway) - May 20, 2016
- How to Start a Book Club for Teens - May 20, 2016