Hoop and Straw Airplane Craft
Kids love making things that can fly and glide through the air, and you can do so much more than the traditional paper airplane. Today we tried the hoop and straw method. Cohen asked me, “Uhh Mom, are you sure this will work?” After he tried it he said, “Whoa, this went really far! I want to make more!” So with that, I’ve decided to do a mini series of posts on different ways to make simple flying objects out of paper. Come back next month and see our second method!
What you’ll need:
– A roll of tape
– Two index cards
– A straw
How to make it:
1. Cut three 1-inch slices of index card lengthwise.
2. Tape two of the slices together at an end to make a long piece.
3. Tape the long piece into a circle, and then tape the smaller piece into a circle (you’ll want two separate circles).
4. Then, insert the straw into the circles and tape one at each end of the straw.
5. Throw it and watch it soar!
Latest posts by Carlie Kercheval (see all)
- 5 Screen-Free Summer Family Activities - May 27, 2016
- Munchable Math: 12 Free Printable Math Worksheet Packs - May 23, 2016
- 5 Helpful Tips When Teaching a Special Needs Child to Read - May 21, 2016
- My Lifelong Essential Oils Journey (+ a Giveaway) - May 20, 2016
- How to Start a Book Club for Teens - May 20, 2016