Yesterday the children and I made our official 90-Days-Out Deployment Countdown Chain. This has become a tradition during our many deployments as an Army family. I had heard about the concept of making a paper chain with 365 links on it during our first deployment in 2004. As a new Army wife going to go thru my very first year long deployment, I decided I would do it for our daughter Princess, who at the time was only a freshly turned 3-year-old. Well, it was a great concept BUT was very confusing to our daughter. The most confusing part was when Daddy came home for a 2-week R&R in the middle of the year. At that point – all our hard work went down the drain! So in trying to keep with this concept – I modified it.
This is when I decided to do a 90-days-out deployment countdown chain. I do this when I know that we have AROUND 90 days (as I am very careful what information I put out to the general public) so that way if anything he chain will be longer than needed 🙂 This concept has worked beautifully for us over the last 8 years of deployments! Let the COUNTDOWN BEGIN!
Here are a few photos from our chain making day yesterday 🙂
Latest posts by Carlie Kercheval (see all)
- Free Super Hero Teacher Appreciation Toppers - May 3, 2016
- 5 Ways to Become a Better Homemaker - April 27, 2016
- 5 Suggestions for the Unplugged Family: How and Why - April 26, 2016
- Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Blog-at-Home Mom - April 25, 2016
- 2016 Confident Mom Summer Survival Calendar (Frugal Activities, Recipes, & More!) - April 24, 2016