Coconut oil sugar scrub has become a huge favorite in our house over the past several years. I remember the very first time I tried this amazing concoction was shortly after the birth of my first child nearly 15 years ago. It literally rocked my world – and my skin! One of my good friends made it for me as a gift for birthing our beautiful daughter and I was instantly hooked. This beautiful, all-natural scrub, left my skin feeling soft and hydrated.
Today I want to share with you a new and improved recipe for your skin. While coconut oil sugar scrub alone is awesome, how about we add some more awesomeness to this dynamic duo? We are going to add in coffee and vitamin E!
Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub Recipe with Coffee + Vitamin E
Coffee is a natural skin brightener and is known to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that has also been proven to help decrease abdominal fat. As a matter of fact, a study in 40 women with abdominal fat who supplemented their diet with 30 ml of coconut oil per day saw a big reduction waist circumference in a period of 12 weeks. That is amazing, isn’t it?
Vitamin E is known to moisturize skin, reduce wrinkles, convert to energy, and reduce brown spots on skin. Vitamin E has also been linked to skin brightening and helping reduce harmful free radicals linked to cancer and cardiovascular disease.
This coconut and coffee sugar scrub combines all of these benefits!
Use generously in the shower to get your skin feeling the way you like it, soft and smooth!
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add the coffee and both sugars.
2. Mix in the coconut oil and stir until well incorporated.
3. Add the vitamin E oil and vanilla (optional) and stir to mix.
4. Transfer to an airtight container for use up to 6 months.
Latest posts by Carlie Kercheval (see all)
- What if LuLaRoe Could Change Your Life? - February 9, 2017
- 7 Practical Tips for a Productive Morning Routine - January 10, 2017
- 10 Reasons Every Mom Needs a Planner - December 18, 2016
- 5 Tips to Effectively Memorize Scripture - December 16, 2016
- Memorize More of God’s Word in 2017! - December 15, 2016