Every summer our family makes a point to be outside as much as humanly possible. We love the long days and warmer temperatures that allow for us to spend a lot of time together in the great outdoors. Another thing my husband and I love about the summer is the ability to focus on one another a bit more as our homeschool slows down allowing more time to have fun together!
Of course with the extra time comes the temptation for each of us to spend more time on one of our iDevices. I know I have been guilty at times of sitting down to read my Kindle and not resurfacing for hours. While this serves a purpose at times and is a fun way to occupy our time, we strive to have mostly screen-free days during the summer.
5 Screen-Free Summer Family Activities
1. Hands-On Family Devotional Time
We love family devotional time. We love it so much that we began to take our favorite family devotionals and make a day of fun out of them. For instance our family Bible study guide Learning to Speak Life: Fruit of the Spirit, we dedicate a full day doing things that directly relate to each fruit of the spirit. We have been doing this now for 3 summers and it has given our children wonderful insight into serving God’s people as well as the character of Christ as well! And the ideas are endless!
Read the rest of my guest post HERE.
Latest posts by Carlie Kercheval (see all)
- 7 Practical Tips for a Productive Morning Routine - January 10, 2017
- 10 Reasons Every Mom Needs a Planner - December 18, 2016
- 5 Tips to Effectively Memorize Scripture - December 16, 2016
- Memorize More of God’s Word in 2017! - December 15, 2016
- 5 Steps to Make Scripture Memory a Priority in Your Day - December 11, 2016